Focus & FAQ on Customised Training with Big Wave Media Training
In the past 2 weeks we have delivered 6 courses for 6 separate clients across the country, – and all customised training courses.
Why Customised Training?
What is the difference between scheduled courses and customised training?
What does customised training mean?
Why is it so popular and what are the benefits?
The six courses we just delivered give a great snapshot of where the training market is at, and what kind of skills we are bringing to companies and individuals right now. Presentation of message is more important today than ever, and we are publishing to more channels than ever. But more importantly companies are looking to do more of their publishing in-house to reduce costs and gain more control. And some are looking to just maximise their use and skills of the tools available in digital media, to gain that competitive advantage. For example, if you give presentations or pitch for work, then making these look good will have big impact.
Do you need existing experience with digital media software already?
The recent companies we trained include DairyGold Marketing and Communications teams, Tipperary Energy Marketing teams, Publicis the leading creative advertising agency, Amoss a leading law firm in Dublin, DPD logistics, as well as an individual – all looking to maximise their use of media and technology for business or career goals.
Interesting some of these clients are returning for additional training or have prior experience and looking to progress, but some are complete beginners blazing the trail to bring new media skills into their organisation.
Do we deliver training on software other than Adobe ?
Adobe tools are the most popular for professional results but they can combined with other tools, and they offer some free online handy tools of their own as well as mobile apps.
What about things like Infographics, making changes to existing flyers, Social Media posts for LinkedIN and Twitter, Powerpoint or Keynote Presentations as well as Brochures and Reports?
The subjects we have trained in the past 2 weeks include Marketing Communications, Infographics, Social Media Post creation, Digital Graphics and Digital Publishing to web mobile and online PDF, and Creation of presentation materials for pitches. Specifically these tools include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, AppleKeynote, Adobe Spark Post, Spark Stories and Video, Canva, Piktograph and Venngage, and Intro to Mac.
If you work with marketing materials, social media messages, digital graphics, or give presentations and pitches – perhaps these skills and tools are ones which you come across already.
Heres’ what we delivered in the past 2 weeks:
- Marketing, Infographics and Digital Creation _ Adobe InDesign
- Infographics – InDesign and Illustrator, Adobe Spark Post
- Adobe Graphics, Design and Publishing – Graphics, Logos, Rasters, Web Imaging, Photoshop, InDesign
- Intro to Mac and Maximise your Mac
- Keynote and Advanced Keynote
- Layouts and Social Media Graphics and effects with Photoshop
Benefits of Customised Training:
1. Powerful – You pick the team or member to be trained and they get the session built around their needs. This means we can deliver the right skills and minimal time, as there is a cost to any time out the office. Its effective because the content is built around your needs, and even your current project briefs or files. Clients often walk away with their templates already built by the time they leave the session! So its not all theory and then a delay before practise – because we can cut out any areas not needed we fill this time with more hands-on practical tasks that are relevant to you or your workload.
2. Convenient – You pick the date, venue, start and finish times and the length of the session and we work around you. If you only have half days to cut out from your daily schedule then we deliver sessions in half day modules – one might be enough to give you a boost, but often a series of them work well allowing time for practise and questions between sessions making more of the training.
We can come onsite and deliver ‘at desk’ for small groups, in meeting rooms if available and can bring projector or spare iMacs or machines if needed. Or come to us at our training centre in Ormond Quay, Dublin or in Croom Enterprise Centre in Limerick, or we can facilitate a venue nearer you if preferred.
3. Cost Effective – One of our experienced trainers can come onto your site and deliver bespoke skills and facilitate template development and prices starting from €495. These prices include the customisation and enable clients to work on their own files and projects where appropriate. If you don’t have a room or kit suitable we can provide this or organise it as well.
4. Additional HR and Productivity Benefits – getting a group together to work on marketing materials or develop their skills in software like Keynote etc has knock on benefits of helping teams work well together on solutions in the workplace.
How does the customisation training service work?
Talk to us about your needs and we apply Instructional Design models to agree aims and the training solution to meet them. the trainer, modules and format that suits the delivery for you. You send us some files or typical briefs that you work on and we build the training session around your specific requirements. If you;re not sure or don’t have any specifics then we recommend and shape the session content for you. The session will always include time for your team to be using the software to build relevant content, and you’ll walk away with supporting links, the customised set of supporting slides of training covered, and any templates you have built or worked on.
After course support?
It doesn’t end after the course. We want to build lasting relationships to support your skills and requirements – you get online and email support after the course and our response is usually same business day for queries received before 4pm and can include screen captures and video demonstrations of solutions to support your progress.
Contact us with any queries and maybe we can support your goals in digital media publishing to help you be more competitive.