5 Reasons why you should Get Certified Support Apple OSX
What is an Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) ?
How do you become an Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) ?
1. Mac Support & Security now required in industry
- More macs and Apple products in the workplace are now common place. It often starts with iPhones and iPads being used partly for work and partly for personal, and then grows to Macs and Mac servers.
- Macs have always been a popular choice for creatives like designers, but now more commonly for wider use in the corporate sectors like communications, marketing, sales, and tender-bids teams. Especially with increased uptake of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions being used for digital communications and social media marketing.
- So with more macs means more requirements for supporting them in the IT departments. So if you work in IT support and administration, you will likely be faced with managing these Macs and the Mac OS as well as the Windows platforms.
- Being able to manage them and support them will make a difference to how Macs are integrated, supported, and ultimately used effectively. So having these skills will benefit companies, colleges and institutions deploying them.
- Mobile devices present a greater risk for security, for loss of data as well as hacks. The OSX Support Essentials course includes modules on security and can also be combined with our iOS Security and Deployment Essentials course to ensure both are kept secure with managed profiles and access controls.
2. CV and Job opportunities
- A quick review of the IT administration and technical job sector will clearly show that there is almost a defacto requirement to have experience of both Mac and Windows platforms – be it support, administration, development, or content creation and communications.
Experience of Windows & Mac now in almost every IT Support Job Spec:
- Helping to maintain monthly updates for both Windows, MAC and security software. (Job Role: Desktop Administrator)
- Candidate must possess expert technical knowledge of PC operating systems including Window 7/8/10 and Mac. (Job Role: Sr. Service Desk Administrator)
3. Leverage the power of the Apple brand
- Besides differentiating you as a skilled user and support professional for OS X, an ACSP certification enables you to leverage the power of the Apple brand. When you pass the certification exam, you receive an email detailing how you’ll receive your Apple certificate, along with instructions on how to order a framed version. The email includes LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter icons to make it easy for you to share your certification news with your networks on these sites.
4. Join the Apple Certified Professionals Registry
- Once you have taken the training and passed the Certification exam you can login to Apple’s Certification portal and update your profile accordingly. It is in here you can opt in to display your Apple Certification in the Apple Certified Professionals Registry. This is where you can showcase your talents and certifications and also a popular resource for companies looking for technical services/staff and for employers looking to see qualifications attained.
5. Become a power user
- Even if you don’t currently work in the area of IT support and administration you will become a ‘power user’ of Macs! This course course is not just about the practical sides of supporting them, but you also gain an in-depth study of the Mac, how it is built on the original Linux system, and what macs are capable of. For example, the indexing system that Apple designed means the machine and every file and application is easily searchable with the Spotlight search function – one which you will know well if you have an iPhone! These all stem from the Apple Mac operating system and help you become a master of the world of Mac. This will stand you in good stead for whatever role you take in work, business, or personal projects.
“I was impressed with what the machine was capable of, and and gained a real appreciation of them and what they are capable of. A simple well designed system, but i guess that is why they were so ahead of their time when first built, and now are so popular for their ease of use and power” – Liam Hurrell – managing director of Big Wave Media Training.
“I use them day to day for creative content and training and we have used them now for nearly 10 years for training. They are a great machine for both creatives and businesses and have found the course valuable for being able to use them as well as update and rebuild them when the need arises and Im not a techie!”
What’s the course like?
Q&A with recent course graduate David: Where, What and How?
- How did you find the training course (delivered by Big Wave Media Training) you needed ?
- – From the Apple Authorized Training Partners list. (Big Wave Media Training is part of the new Apple Global Training Partner Programme managed by Learnquest)
- What was the biggest ‘challenge’ for you on this course?
- -The biggest challenge for me was cramming all the course material in only a 3 day course
- What was the biggest ‘highlight’ for you on this course?
- -Passing the exam!
- How will the training have benefited your business/course aims?
- -I have learned how to properly manage a MAC and be able to troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Would you recommend this course or Big Wave to anyone? If so who? or what type of person or company?
- -I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn to support a MAC or who already has a background in IT and wants to take the Mac level further.
- What other areas of technology training are you interested in?
- -I would like to learn about OS X and iOS Security
Harness the Power
If you would like to get a better understanding of support the Mac OS for your role, company, or to take your career to the next level – check out the Big Wave Media Training Apple OSX Support Essentials Course in Dublin.